Hanging T Ranch Conservation Easement, Phase 1
Salmonid Habitat Restoration and Acquisition
|006 22 SA|
The Nature Conservancy (TNC) will negotiate the terms of the 1,425-acre the Hanging T Ranch conservation easement, located in the Pahsimeroi River Valley. TNC will secure an appraisal, and use the bulk of funds to contribute toward the purchase price of the easement. TNC will apply for additional PCSRF funds in 2023 to request the balance of the appraised value. This conservation easement will be negotiated with the landowner to ensure the ability for large scale partner-led river restoration to occur on approximately 3.5 miles of the Pahsimeroi River in years that follow. The overarching goal is to increase the quality and availability of spawning and rearing habitat important for anadromous fish recovery.
Note that Phase 2 (unsecured funding) will complete purchase of the easement. Phase 1 funds will complete due diligence actions, and will contribute to the purchase price when Phase 2 funds are secured.
1. Negotiate the terms of the conservation easement that will protect 1425-acres of working ranchland and wildlife habitat.
2. Negotiate the terms of the conservation easement that will protect and restore approximately 3.5 miles of the Pahsimeroi River, as well as associated riparian and floodplain habitat.
3. Through Phase I and Phase 2 of this project, TNC will add to a network of protected and restored ranches in the Pahsimeroi River Valley.
4. Obligate the landowner to river restoration activities that will address juvenile rearing capacity limitations in the Pahsimeroi watershed. These activities will include actions such as construction of side channels, instream habitat work, and activating floodplain connectivity.
| Acres Acquired or Protected
| Stream Bank Miles Acquired
Hanging T Ranch - Pahsimeroi River Valley
- Worksite Identifier: Hanging T Ranch - Pahsimeroi River Valley
- Start Date: 01/01/2023
- End Date: 10/31/2025
No Area Description data was found for this worksite.
- Basin: Salmon
- State: Idaho
- Recovery Domain: Interior Columbia
- Latitude: 44.56663
- Longitude: -113.92267
- Snake River Basin Steelhead DPS
- Snake River Spring/Summer-run Chinook Salmon ESU
Salmonid Habitat Restoration and AcquisitionY (Y/N)
- . . C.0.a
Habitat restoration and acquisition funding .00
- . . C.0.b
Length of stream treated/protected
- . . C.0.c
|Project identified in a Plan or Watershed Assessment||
- . . C.0.d.1
Project Monitoring (LOV)
- . . C.0.d.2
Monitoring Location (LOV)
- . . C.10
Land or Easement AcquisitionY (Y/N)
- . . . . C.10.a
Land acquisition funding
- . . . . C.10.b
Habitat treatments applied (LOV)
- . . . . C.10.c.1
Acquisition or lease of land, wetland or estuarine area for conservationY (Y/N)
- . . . . . . C.10.c.2
Type of acquisition to protect habitat (LOV)
- . . . . . . C.10.c.3
Type of property protected (LOV)
- . . . . . . C.10.c.4
Date of expiration of protection (mm/dd/yyyy)
- . . . . . . C.10.c.5
Miles of streambank protected by land or easement acquisition
- . . . . . . C.10.c.6
Acres of land, wetland or estuarine area acquired